71Xsuites – COVID-19 Update, June 1, 2020
The health and safety of 71Xsuites’ community in its entirety continues to be our top priority. This page communicates what we are doing to mitigate the risk of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) within our community in compliance with the current recommended standard of care and is for the benefit of all. We require that all clients communicate the information and requirements set forth to their employees, principals, agents or guests to assure consistency in our mitigation efforts. We will update this page regularly as needed.
71Xsuites – Our Response to COVID-19
The staff and cleaning crew of 71Xsuites are following U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) approved prevention guidelines for our community, which are also recommended by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and implemented by applicable state and local law. These prevention protocols include, but are not limited to, hand-washing protocols, enhanced cleaning of high-touch areas at our property, use of facial covering and practice of social distancing. We have instituted access protocols which screen all who enter our community and require cooperation with our contact tracing responsibilities. All in our community who become infected, suspect they are infected or care for someone in either situation are required to comply with current health protocols in place per Austin/Travis Health Authority, in addition to notifying 71Xsuites, which will take reasonable and required measures to mitigate the potential risk of further exposure. We will continue monitoring COVID-19 governmental updates and respond based on the requirements and recommendations of applicable public health and governmental authorities.
We have highlighted a few measures currently in place:
- Cleaning procedures: 71Xsuites has enhanced its cleaning procedures to protect our community specifically in keeping with COVID-19 response recommendations. These measures include but are not limited to:
• Cleaning shared surfaces daily with EPA approved disinfectant cleaning products
• Cleaning high volume surfaces (i.e. refrigerator handles, bathroom doors) periodically during each day in addition to regular daily cleaning practices
The conduct of business in our workplace makes it impossible for 71Xsuites to ensure that all CDC recommended cleaning practices are consistently met. We recognize that achieving this standard of care is a shared responsibility of 71Xsuites and its clients and requires joint efforts to minimize and prevent infection to the extent reasonably possible. To accommodate this goal, 71Xsuites has provided ample disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer stations throughout the office for use by our clients and their employees, principals, agents, and guests, and encourages all to disinfect all common surfaces as they are used. Consideration of the safety of others ultimately benefits us all.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations: installation of numerous hand sanitizer stations in or near the elevator lobby, kitchen, hallways, and both entrances.
- UVC Germicidal Lights: a handheld UVC Germicidal Light will be used to disinfect porous furniture such as the wooden conference table, leather meeting chairs and leather couch. 71Xsuites’ staff will be cleaning the surfaces daily. Additionally, it will be made available for use by our clients upon request.
- Face coverings: all 71Xsuites staff and all clients, their employees, principals, agents and guests are required to wear appropriate face coverings within all common areas as recommended by CDC guidelines and required by the city of Austin. We have ample supplies if needed.
- Social distancing: in addition to wearing face coverings, we ask all members and guests to continue practicing social distancing (as defined by current standards of CDC) in all encounters on the property. We have removed the chairs in our Pecan Conference Room to enable people to more easily maintain a safe distance from one another.
- Communication visuals: signage regarding hygienic best practices and distancing guidelines, in addition to other COVID-19 information, are displayed throughout the common areas. We will make reasonable efforts to update health protocols for persons or facilities on a timely basis.
- Keeping our community’s families safe: the following supplies will be available for our members to use at the office or at home.
• Individual packs of isopropyl alcohol wipes
• Disinfecting wipes
• Travel size hand sanitizer
• Disposable gloves
• Disposable face masks
Please take what you need while considering the needs of other members of our community. After much effort, we currently have good, albeit slow, supplier relationships so please advise us of any additional personal needs you may have regarding your mitigation efforts; we will make every reasonable effort to accommodate you.
- Guests check-in and temperature check: All guests of 71Xsuites are required to complete a short health screening questionnaire available on our website https://71xsuites.com/questionnaire/ prior to visiting our site. In addition, guests may be required to have their temperature checked prior to entry in keeping with current guidelines.
- Hours: at this time, 24/7 office access is restricted in an effort to comply with the recommended safety protocols. Our adjusted hours of operation are currently 6am-10pm, Monday – Friday. We polled all members and these operating hours are the consensus of use at the present time. If a member needs additional access, please contact us.
- Current Staffing: while at least one of our staff will be onsite daily for approximately six hours per day during the business week, we cannot guarantee an 8am -5pm presence at this time.
- Kitchen: single-use plates, cups, cutlery, and condiments have been added to our breakroom. Reusable utensils and drinkware are deep cleaned and sanitized by the Miele Pro Commercial grade dishwasher on a daily basis.
- Conference Rooms/Lounge Room Use: conference and lounge rooms will be open for unlimited use but occupancy will be restricted to a maximum of ten people at any given time, in keeping with current guidelines. Please provide advance notice of your meeting time and its duration so that the room may be disinfected with UVC germicidal lights immediately after the close of your meeting.
- Mail handling: we receive USPS, UPS, FedEx and Amazon deliveries every day and will handle such mail per the following. For regular USPS mail, we will segregate that mail into locked boxes for a one day hold before distributing to our members. For the overnight-services mailings, we will deliver them to your office or as otherwise instructed. Additional services, including mail opening and scanning, or mail forward services are available upon your written request, but only after a one day hold.
- Elevator Use: occupancy is limited to one person at this time. Masks should be worn while in elevators. An individual protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act may request to ride the elevator alone or with a personal caregiver. All persons using the elevator should immediately utilize the hand sanitizer stations placed at the entrance of the elevator on each floor.
- COVID-19 Preparedness, Response and Control Plan: the prevention and mitigation measures discussed here are part of our COVID-19 preparedness, response and control plan for 71Xsuites as recommended by the CDC and OSHA. Austin Public Health also requires compliance with certain health screening measures in addition to reporting protocols in the event an individual is COVID-19 positive, suspected positive, suffering from any COVID-19 symptoms (as defined by the CDC) or residing in the same household with or caring for an individual experiencing the same. We urge all clients to adopt their own plan, with additional safeguards, if needed, in response to the risks inherent in the conduct of their specific business. Furthermore, in compliance with the requirements and recommendations of the Texas Department of State Health Services and Austin Public Health with regard to contact tracing, all visitors who have been approved access to our community (per the requirements discussed below) will need to complete a brief inquiry to satisfy our responsibility in this regard.
- Contact management at covid19issues@71Xsuites.com in the event you have additional questions relating to COVID-19 and its impact on this workplace.
We Are Lucky!
Our building is an Austin Green Building for which we had to secure “points”, and for which our Daikin VRV system was chosen as the premier efficient energy method. The original design was for typical general air handlers covering many offices with just one thermostat. We made the decision to upgrade the entire system so that each individual office has its own thermostat necessitating access to segregated fresh air directly from the roof. While this system was initially installed to achieve the ease of individual temperature control for our clients, having a direct air source is the optimal system to further our goal of mitigating the risk of COVID-19 in our community. The recent addition of an ionization air purifier system to the same fresh air intake has upgraded the system even further.
To Potential Guests
- Online health screening form: at this time, any person entering 71Xsuites will be required to complete a short health screening questionnaire via our website https://71xsuites.com/questionnaire/ prior to visiting the office. Once the form is reviewed by a staff member, guests will be contacted and be scheduled for a time to visit our office. Please be advised that anyone entering our community may also be required to have their temperature taken prior to entry.
- Online business inquiry form: please visit and fill out this inquiry form prior to visiting so that we may be better prepared to address your needs. https://71xsuites.com/schedule-a-tour/.
- Face covering: guests who enter 71Xsuites are required to wear face coverings in accordance with current policies. We have ample supplies at the front desk if needed.
- Acknowledgment of our rules: all guests are required to follow best hygienic practices and social distancing guidelines in effect at 71Xsuites. Informative guidelines are displayed throughout the office for your convenience. All guests will be required to complete a short inquiry for contact tracing purposes upon entry/departure.
- Please be advised that while this communication is indicative of our commitment to making all reasonable efforts to mitigate the risk of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) within our community, we urge you to stay informed and stay safe. We list several sources of valuable information below.
Updated Governmental Links for COVID-19 Rules, Laws and Policies:
- Governor Greg Abbott Establishes Statewide Face Covering Requirement, Issues Proclamation To Limit Gatherings (July 2, 2020) https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-establishes-statewide-face-covering-requirement-issues-proclamation-to-limit-gatherings
- Mayor Steve Adler has issued additional Orders regarding the practice of social distancing, hygiene, and face covering behaviors in response to the increase of confirmed cases of COVID-19, elevating Travis County to Stage 4 emergency status. See Order No. 20200615-013, Order No. 20200617-014, Order No. 20200622-015; https://austintexas.gov/department/covid-19-information/stay-home-order
- Judge Sam Biscoe has issued COVID-19 Prevention Guidelines and Order 2020-11. Travis County Extends Stay-at-Home Order to August 15 (June 15, 2020) https://www.traviscountytx.gov/images/docs/200314-gathering-order.pdf
- Governor Abbott Extends Disaster Declaration in June 2020 Amid COVID-19 Pandemic (June 11, 2020) http://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-extends-disaster-declaration-in-june-2020-amid-covid-19-pandemic
- Governor Abbott Announces Phase III To Open Texas (June 3, 2020) https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/governor-abbott-announces-phase-iii-to-open-texas2
- New Risk Based Guidelines Published by Austin Public Health (May 13, 2020) http://austintexas.gov/news/new-risk-based-guidelines-help-community-stay-safe-during-covid-19-pandemic?utm_source=Austin+Mobility+Newsletter&utm_campaign=b01b9dc22c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_05_13_03_30&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_4273909b8
- Partial Re-opening of Businesses in Travis County by Travis County Fire Marshall’s Office (April 30, 2020) https://www.traviscountytx.gov/images/docs/partial-reopening-200403.pdf
- City of Austin COVID-19 Information (updated daily) http://austintexas.gov/covid19
- Travis county Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information (updated daily)
- Latest Coronavirus Resources and Response from Governor Abbott (updated daily)
Guidance From Governmental Sources on Reopening for Businesses and Employers
- Austin City Government: Information for Businesses and Industries (updated accordingly to executive orders) http://austintexas.gov/department/information-businesses-and-industries
- Texas Department of State Health Services: Information for office-based employers and employees. https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/opentexas.aspx#protocols
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Guidance on Preparing
Workplaces for COVID-19 https://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3990.pdf
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/guidance-business-response.html
- Prevention Guidelines Outlined by the CDC
- Texas COVID-19 Test Collection Sites (updated daily)
- COVID-19 Free Assessment and Testing (updated accordingly to executive orders)
- COVID-19 Testing Information by Texas Health and Human Services
- If you’re sick or taking care for someone guidelines by CDC